10 May, 2018

[SOLVED] Arch LAMP Server PHP Problems

At last! The LAMP stack is up and running. 


At last I found a recipe that created the ArchLinux LAMPP. 



Unfortunately you have to fight idiotic popups and similar all of the time, but the article is sane and easy to follow.


What I struggled with
PHP cannot execute the files in Arch:

* PHP 7.2.5 (cli) (built: Apr 24 2018 18:12:24) ( NTS )
* Linux XXXXX 4.14.39-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 2 19:03:39 UTC 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux

MySQL is up and running, and so is Apache. The problem is probably the settings in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

Next Morning
Tried, tried, reinstalled everything from rock bottom again. No success. The instructions on the Arch wiki don't work (for me at least).

After 4 hours of struggle I gave up - installing a LAMP server should be a nobrainer, as in Ubuntu. Now I try to build ... of all things in Hell ... xampp!

XAMPP
After waiting more than an hour for the Xampp binaries the thing was dropped. Which was very fortunate. I have some bad experiences from previous Xampp usage ... so WTH. Don't care now.

No comments: