26 April, 2021

[SOLVED] Zoom 5.6.4 and MacOS 11.2.3: Zoom cannot share screen


Work in progress - trying to solve the problem: to share screens from MacOS on Zoom:

During today's zoom session with a class there were several issues:

  • In order to enter Zoom I had to update Chrome.
  • In Zoom I could not share any screens
Of course this fact was quite annoying during an online teaching session.

The problem is "well know" [sic] on Big Sur. I have the problem, because I updated my system (as you're supposed to).

On Zoom you find this page with this recipe:


Settings > Share Screeen > Advanced looks like this, and TCP-connection is marked:



Result: TCP-share no success
Unfortunately the recipe does not solve the problem.

MacOS makes Zoom useless from a MacOS presenter point of view.

Tried: Update Zoom
There was a new version of Zoom. Found it in the menu zoom.us > Check for updates. 
I hope that this update will do the trick.
@Zoom: some sort of automatic notification on updates would help. 

Result: Does not work.

Solution
The problem was probably MacOS related. After updating to macOS "Big Sur" 11.3 Zoom's screensharing was ok again. 

No comments: