17 April, 2021

Boss GT-1 and Orange Crush's fx-loop

 Here and now I tend to use the Boss GT-1 in the effect-loop. Sometmes with a t-wah, even though experts would say that it should be in front of the amp. All time-based effects - like chorus, flanger, delay etc. will produce a clear sound in the fx-loop.

Generally I use the dirty channel, so all fuzz and distortion noise is made by the Orange amp. That's the real strength of this amp - the dirty channel is wonderful. I don't use the reverb on the amp. 

I turn off all amp simulators and distortion on the GT-1.

Reverb and delay should be added via the Boss GT-1.

If I add Boss GT-1 in front of the amp the result is more "muddy". That's why I prefer this solution.

So my sound recipe is simple: use the GT-1 where it shines - and let the Orange Crush 35 rt shine with the ever lovely dirty channel.

No comments: