06 June, 2020

SDD Crash

My browser here and now: #WCEU
This is my screen here and now.
From #WCEU 2020 a fine talk about CSS.
So my OS is up and running
Sort of ...

The picture is my screen here and now. I'm following the proceedings at #WCEU on my Linux PC. For the time being the OS is OpenMandriva.

Åbyhøj Data
My SDD crashed (Kingston 120 GB ssd now 300) and the system was not able to boot at all. Strangely enough even the BIOS was unavailable. So what was wrong with the system? Åbyhøj Data was a great help here, because it's hard to find out exactly which part of the system died.

They added a new SDD, larger than the old one. So the system improved a bit. Even better: Now the PC is able to boot again. But had to get an OS somehow. The Manjaro distro was fine, however somewhat nerdy. I need a new OS.

I bougt a Linux Magazine with a DVD on the frontpage, and tried at least to boot in Linux. And succeded. First I installed OpenMandriva.

OpenMandriva - not my taste
OpenMandriva looked promising with KDE and what not, but I found literally everything uphill. Like in everything. I don't like it, and will try something a bit more userfriendly. When I looked for documentation, the online wiki was a joke. No content in several articles. Try the empty FAQ ... 

Next Stop Ubuntu
So I guess it's a hobby project or some insider project. But now I know that my system works, and I think I'll go for a Ubuntu distro. OpenMandriva was usefull here. I could burn a USB version of Ubuntu.

At least I could use the distro in order to burn a Ubuntu USB. 

The game's afoot.


No comments: